Take a white shimmer shadow like Collection 2000 Eye wear in star gaze, and blend around the inner corner of your eyes and up over your brow bone. This will act as an eye brightening base color.
- Apply a light lilac powder eyeshadow over your lids, blending it right up on to your brow bone. I like Marks&Spencer eyeshadow in pale lavender.
- Layer a dark purple shadow shade over your lids, like Prestige Cosmetics skin loving minerals eyeshadow in opal.
- Line your upper lash line and the upper and lower inner rim of your eyes with a metallic grey kohl pencil to make the white of your eyes stand out. Look for one with a hint of glitter, like Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in meteorite, to give a gorgeous hint of sparkle.
- Keep skin looking natural by using an apricot blush like 17 Sheer finish mineral blush
in natural, over your cheeks. Don’t be tempted to go too pale – you’ll look dead, not just a bit vampish!
- To finish, coat lips with a peachy lipstick, like Rimmel London moisture renew lipstick in glamorous pink, for a natural, low-key look.
Swap your usual black wand for a purple mascara to really make your amethyst eyes stand out.
Use liner to stop lip color bleeding. Line your upper lip first, from the middle of your cupid’s bow and out. Then line your lower lip. Try Revlon colorstay lipliner in red.
- Use a lip brush to neatly fill your lips with a bright ruby red, creamy lipstick. I’ve tried Rimmel London lasting finish lipstick in red hot shade.
- Blot lips lightly using a tissue – don’t press lips together or you will risk the color running outside the edges.
- For a fuller finish, use a red sparkly gloss like L’Oreal glam shine lipgloss in blush mania.
- When wearing strong lip color keep the rest of your makeup understated. Apply a light, matte grey shadow like Miss Sporty mono shadow in grey, over lids and line your upper lash line with a black kohl pencil. Apply lashings of mascara. I love L’Oreal Telescopic clean definition in black.
- Sparkly bronzer gives skin flattering shimmer. Try Superdrug solait golden glow bronzer.
For longer – lasting lip color, first blend you lip liner all over your lips to stain them and act as a base for the lipstick to cling to.
Take a light green metallic shadow shade and blend over your lid, up on to your brow bone and along your lower lash line. I like Barry M Dazzle Dust in 72.
- Next, layer on a darker green shadow shade over your lids to add intensity. You can try Rimmel London color loose shadow in vert.
- Use a brown kohl pencil, like Wet N Wild eyeliner in bran, to line the inside corner of your upper and lower lashes – black will look too harsh.
- Don’t layer on mascara, just apply one coat for a natural look.
- A baby pink blush looks great against green eyes. Swirl Maybelline dream mousse blush in mauve, over the apples of your cheeks for a pretty flush of color.
- Complete the look with a low-key creamy nude lipstick to keep the attention on your eyes. I love Miners Water Shine Lipstick in lustre.
If you’re worried about using green all over your eyes, try just a flash of green liner instead.
It’s time to dazzle in super-glam party make-up inspired by precious jewels. When it comes to sparkling this New Year, diamonds, rubies, emeralds and amethysts really are a girl’s best friend…
- Blend a silver metallic shadow such as Rimmel London color mousse in pewter, all over you lids and along your lower lash line.
- Then line your upper and lower lash line with a silver glitter gel liner, like Eyeko Glitter liquid eyeliner, to give your eyes the perfect party sparkle.
- Line your inner upper and lower lash line with a black kohl pencil like Rimmel London soft kohl kajal
eye pencil, to dramatically define eyes. To add even more definition, give your lashes a good coat of black thickening mascara.
- Dust a light bronzer over your cheeks, chin and forehead to warm your complexion and help icy eyes stand out. L’Oreal glam bronze minerals bronzer, gives a gorgeous, natural-looking result.
- Dab a small amount of white cream or powder illuminator underneath your eyes and along the plump part of your cheeks to give the illusion that your eyes have a halo! I love Barbara Daly for tesco illuminator.
- Coat your lips with a light pink pearlescent gloss, like NYC lip gloss shine pink kiss.
Put a tissue under your eyes when you apply glitter eyeshadow. Any excess will fall on the tissue rather than your face. No more human gliterball!
I know I haven’t been such a good girl this year but Santa still got me a Christmas gift, and I was quite surprised to see that was exactly what I desired but never dared to hope.
I received the Dermo Caviar skin cream from La Prairie. I’ve heard many good things about the products from this brand but I also know they are quite expensive. If it wasn’t for Santa I probably could never spent so much money on a cream. The gift was ordered from ebay so as you can see from the photos the box is not in so good shape but the content is intact. Along with the skin caviar cream I also received 60 dermo caviar applicators.
You have very thick, coarse hair who does not hold any curls, ever? I guess you are always wearing it straight and you are wondering what can you do to update your look.
You are right, curls are really hard to get right on this type of hair, but backcombing can totally transform your hair. For an instant trend update, add an over sized bow. These were all over the catwalks and can be just the thing to add some ‘wow’ to your look. Continue Reading
If your hair is really long and naturally quite frizzy I guess you don’t want to spend hours creating a fiddly up-do.
This half-up, half-down style has serious Brigitte Bardot sex appeal but is really easy to recreate at home. The loose hair gives it a more relaxed, retro vibe than putting all the hair up.
How to do it:
- Prep damp hair with a heat-protecting cream that helps reduce frizz, such as Kevin Murphy body
- Blow-dry hair straight, using a round bristle brush, directing the nozzle down the hair to reduce frizz.
- Section off the top half of the hair by running your thumbs from the top of your ears to the centre of the back of the head, creating a loose ponytail, and tie with a hairband. Take a small amount of hair from the elastic, wind it around the band to conceal it, and pin underneath with a grip.
- Using large barrel tongs, such as Toni & Guy 38MM Digital control tongs, curl large sections of loose hair in chunky, random sections.
- Tease curls apart and mist with L’Oreal elnett satin diamond hold and shine.
If you have fairly short, baby-fine hair and you can never think of anything to do with it I found some ideas that maybe will help you get a new look without changing so much.
One easy way to transform short hair is to give it lots of extra height and add some pretty hair slides. But to give it a really funky edge, try adding some dry shampoo, which creates a tough, dusty texture and helps hold your style too.