I have been using this moisturizer for a long time so I decided to make this review because I’m interested to see other opinions of women who have also used this moisturizer. I bought Clinique Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturizer about 1 year and half ago when I decided to try something else beside Clinique Superdefense. I wanted a moisturizer that won’t leave my skin greasy because after using Superdefense for more then a year I’ve noticed that it does not sinks into the skin quickly like before. Also I thought that is about time to start preparing myself to fight the first aging signs. We must start preventing the apparition of aging signs, since adolescence by using light moisturizers and having a cleaning routine. Being a little over 25 years at that time I didn’t want to use an anti wrinkle cream because I didn’t have any visible wrinkles on my face, except the expression ones which are normal at every age, and I just keep searching for something more like in the beginner area of fighting wrinkles. I bought Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturizer ( 42$) which is available in three versions: very Dry to Dry, Dry Combination and Combination Oily to Oily, which is the one I have.
Reading the package I saw that this moisturizing was promising to protect our skin from the factors (sun, stress and pollution) that were bringing daily damage and also bringing the concept of moisturization to a different level. Its unique complex of rapid and delayed -action antioxidants, works continuously to help skin neutralize this free radical activity for hours. These powerful anti-oxidants work like a barrier protecting our skin and giving it long term benefits.
What I like:
- It comes in a green tube of 50 ml which I think is more sanitary than a jar. Like this you can avoid dust or other particles to enter inside the cream.
- It feels smooth and soft on the skin and it’s absorbed quickly without leaving my skin greasy.
- The consistency is creamy but not too thick, you can say that it has a light texture.
- You need to apply only a very small amount of this moisturizer and this will make the tube last for ages. 50ml of this moisturizer lasts me about 6 months.
- My skin felt very soft, hydrated and not oily.
- Delays the first sings of aging by providing all-day hydration and giving the skin a more healthier aspect.
- Sometimes some spots or little pimples appeared on my face but this moisturizer took care of them very quickly making the healing process much faster.
- I like that is a fragrance free product. I know the smell was noticed by some, because all the cosmetics ingredients have its own odor, but for me was some similar with clean-like scent and it just dissipate very fast. So, don’t say that is not “fragrance free”, because the concept means that no ingredient was added to the product to give it a pleasant smell.
What I don’t like:
- It has no SPF, so if I want to use it during the day I need to apply some sunscreen first. I’m thinking of using it during the night as soon as I will finish my current night cream. A more simple option is Antioxidant Rich Super Defense Triple Action Moisturizer SPF 25.
- Because the moisturizer tube is not transparent you can’t see through and you can only approximate how much is left from it. Tip: If you keep it close to a light-bulb you can have some idea about how much is left from it. Another thing that I learnt is when you think the tube is finished you can take a scissors and cut it in half. After this, you will see that is enough moisturizer inside that can be used for another 1-2 weeks.
My conclusion: My skin loves this moisturizer and I will definitely buy it again. It makes my skin looks clearer, delays anti-aging signs if it’s used daily, moisturizes skin all day long and can also heal some acne scars or pimples. Is a fragrance-free product wrapped into a sanitary green tube. Although it doesn’t contains SPF can be used during the night or by day combined with your favorite sunscreen. It can be expensive for some ( 42,50 $ on Clinique official site), but you only need of drop of it to cover all your face, cause its special formula. Doesn’t leave my skin oily and I like its texture.