If there is one thing that I hate about my complexion is when it turns oily and shiny. I’m sure you guessed that I’m talking about an oily complexion so I thought to review today one of the products that helped me a lot with this oiliness problem.
I give to you Clinique Anti-Blemish Solution Oil-Control Cleansing Mask, one of the best friends that an oily complexion can have. It can also be used by all skin types and if you’ll read this review you’ll know why.
Last year, in Autumn was the first time when I tried this mask. I was looking for a good mask that will help me get ride of that oil excess that it had been bugging me for years, so I was determined to start doing something. I wanted to change some of the products that I’ve been using and enter the search for products that are more suited for my skin needs.
In the future I want to make a post where I will talk about my daily face routine and all the products that I use (makeup removers, tonic lotions, eye creams, day and night creams). Since I have an oily complexion type you may guess that most of these products are matching my skin needs.
What it is
A soothing clay-based mask that helps heal blemishes, prevent breakouts and keep skin shine-free. In just 5 minutes, skin looks clearer, smoother, less blemish-troubled. Gently non-drying formula. Oil-Free.
What I like about this mask
- Has a fast visible effect. You only need to keep this mask on your skin for 5 minutes before you wash it off. I can apply it very fast after I’ve cleaned my skin and 5 minutes later I see the results.
- It didn’t dried my skin or irritated it. I used this mask every time I feel it’s necessary (3-4 times / week) to get ride of that oil excess and prevent breakouts and it often as it may seem to some of you I never had problems of dry or irritated skin. If your type of skin is already dry, try to use this maybe once a week.
- It got me ride of that oil excess in just a few minutes.
- It comes in a 100 ml ( 3.4 fl.oz.) green tube for the price of $ 19.50. I’ve been using this mask since Autumn last year and I haven’t yet finish it. It takes only a a small amount of product to cover your whole face so this mask it will last you for months.
- My skin feels smoother and looks clearer and healthier right after the application. It really prevents breakouts because it removes that oil excess.
- I noticed that blemishes appear rarely than before and they heal faster.
- The texture is creamy very easy to spread it on your face. The color is white and the smell is not that bad.
- The packaging. It’s easy to use, just push the tube and get as much products as you need.
What I don’t like about this mask
- I have nothing against this mask so far, but I do have a few recommendations for you guys if your skin is not oily or very oily.
The first photo shows the first product right from the tube.
This photo was taken right after 5 minutes. You can notice the difference, how it dried on my skin.
This third photo was taken 10 minutes after. Don’t keep the mask on your face for more then 5 minutes if you don’t want your whole face looking like this.
How to use it
- Apply evenly to clean skin.
- Avoid eye area.
- Very Important: Wait 5 minutes and not more. You’ve already saw how this mask start to breaks after 10 minutes. It’s a very drying mask so it will over dry your face if you’ll keep it for more then 5 minutes.
- Rinse off thoroughly with warm water.
If you want to get ride of that oil excess, prevent breakouts or diminish blemishes this is the right mask for you. It can be used by all types of skin but I would definitely recommend to those with oily and very oily skin type. I’m no expert but from my experience I’ve noticed better results after using this mask at least 3 times a week (only for oily skin types).
Don’t use this mask in combination with other topical blemish preparation or products that promise to remove the oil excess because you may cause dryness or irritation.
When I’m using this mask I don’t follow with my La Mer Oil Absorbing Tonic and Oil Absorbing Lotion because I’ve noticed that my skin is very dry afterwords. So after rinsing off with warm water just a apply a light moisturizing gel if you have oily skin type or your normal face cream if you have dry-normal skin type.
Online at Clinique.com
I hope this review was helpful for you and please let me know if you have any questions. I would love to hear what you think about this product and if you had used it please share your experience.