If earlier today I showed you the upcoming OPI Spring 2013 Mariah Carey Collection (info & promo images) now it’s time for new shades launching in spring and featured in the new OPI Euro Centrale Collection. Even though I’m not a big fan of OPI’s nail polish I’m happy to know that Romania is represented in this collection by two new shades called My Vampire is a Buff which is a very pale and nude shade probably meant to resemble vampire’s pale skin and Vant to bite my neck? a deep eggplant. I don’t know about you ladies but in my opinion as a girl who lives in the country where all the vampire stories were born I was expecting another shade, probably a bright red would have been a cliche but I would loved to see a dark bloody red with burgundy undertones or something more provocative but not this trivial nude posing as a victim (hmm…could this be it?!). The second shade looks a bit more interesting but overall the entire collection haven’t came up with some unique shades.
Classic meets contemporary with Euro Centrale by OPI for Spring/Summer 2013. Celebrating a region where history meets modern design, the collection’s twelve new nail lacquers offer a mixture of glamorous metallic hues; playful bright shades in periwinkle, aqua and pink; and creamy blues in indigo, midnight and aubergine.
“Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania make up an exciting new fashion hotspot,” explains Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “When visiting these countries, you’ll view Gothic churches alongside vibrant graffiti murals, blending two very different aesthetics. This fusion of old and new was also seen in runway looks during New York Fashion Week, where classic styles were reinvented with modern silhouettes and patterns.
“Euro Centrale boasts a wide variety of shades, ranging from pale nude to deep blue – and featuring everything from shimmering copper to aqua in between!,” continues Weiss-Fischmann. “Whether you’re looking to spice up a black and white print, or add neutrality to a vivid brocade, these lacquers are designed to accessorize spring’s hottest looks.”
International Launch Date – 6 February 2013 at ULTA and dedicated beauty salons and retailers
Are you curious for more? Take a look after the jump and check out the swatches.
OPI Spring 2013 Euro Centrale Collection
OPI Nail Lacquer – 15 ml/ 0.5 fl oz – $9.00
- Polka.com – Blue and violet are dancing partners in this glittery combo
- OPI…Eurso Euro – This deep blue cream is very continental
- Suzi’s Hungary AGAIN! – Thank goodness there are zero calories in this warm and yummy pink
- You’re Such a BudaPest – If I let you borrow this periwinkle-purple, will you go away?
- Can’t Find My Czechbook – I hope you take credit, because I must have this aqua
- My Paprika is Hotter than Yours! – Get the extinguisher…this fiery red is sizzling
- Hands Off My Kielbasa! – Get your own…this bronzy tan is all mine
- OY–Another Polish Joke! – So this shimmery-gold walks into a bar
- Prague-ative -I’m changing this shimmery copper for…never mind
- Vant to Bite My Neck? – You know you want to…wear this deep eggplant
- I saw You Saw We Saw Warsaw – Be seen in this deep midnight blue
- My Vampire is Buff – Creamy, pale and nude…just how I like my vampires
Enjoy more photos…