Hello ladies, as you may know by know, I’m a fan of La Prairie products and today I will review The Age Management Eye Repair cream. In the last couple of months I’ve been testing three eye-creams from La Prairie
- Age Management Eye Repair
- Cellular Radiance Eye Cream – Restorative Eye Therapy
- Cellular Eye Contour Cream – 24 Hour Age Fighting Eye Care
they are all great products with visible effects within days. I hope that in the next few days I will review the other two creams and tell you my impressions about their wonderful effects.
Now, let’s talk about our first cream La Prairie Age Management Eye Repair that I’ve been using for more than 2 weeks. About 2 months ago when I stopped by Sephora to check out the prices on La Prairie products – because my Prairie anti-aging eye cream a cellular intervention complex SPF 15 was coming to an end – I was engaged in a conversation by the Sephora seller that asked me if she can help me in some way. She wanted to know if I’m familiar with La Prairie products and after noticing that I’ve been using them for quite a while and I know very well what I’m looking for and I’m now interested in testing other creams she offered me 3 samples of those 3 creams that I’ve just told you about.
FIRST: THE GOOD NEWS
- Being a sample of 2 ml I didn’t expect to last longer than a few days, but again this company surprised me in a pleasant way. This little sample last me about 2 and half weeks, and trust me I’ve been using it 2 times a day (morning and evening). So, first of all I know that La Prairie has some high prices but they are explained. Their products last much longer than others, you only need to apply a very small amount of product and you will see it’s ok. When you are using it for the first time, the pump should be depressed several time in order to be activated. Be careful not to press the pump to hard, but if you do it’s ok cause the amount of product will be enough for both eye’s areas, so you just make sure to divide that amount in two before applying it on your orbital bone. Anyway, for portion control you just have to depress the pump halfway.
- The original tube has 15ml of product so I think it will be enough for about 5-6 months. I was previously using La Prairie Anti-Aging eye cream a cellular intervention complex SPF 15, which is also a great eye cream (I’ve already bought it again) and has the same amount of 15 ml that last me about 6months.
- The packaging. Usually companies don’t give to much importance to samples packaging, but as you can see from the photo the tube is very chic and classy. I also like that it’s transparent so I can see the amount of product that remains inside and I found very stylish its silver cap. The box is also silver but very shining, like all La Prairie products ( I had a hard time making photos because the box it’s almost like a mirror and every object is reflected in it). Being so small it fits perfectly in any bag (especially the small ones) and you can take it with you anywhere. I think it’s also ideal to take it with you when you go to trips leaving your 15 ml eye cream at home (to bad I’ve already finished it ). Continue Reading
Yesterday I stopped by Sephora and took a look to those new fall 2009 collections. I promised myself before entering the shop that it will only be a short visit, cause I knew that if stayed there more than 10 minutes I would empty my credit card.
So, in my short visit to Sephora I stopped by Too Faced stand and took a look to the Natural Eye Palette that Karen from makeupandbeautyblog reviewed last moth. I liked the colors a lot, in the fall I use lots of light browns, bronze and dark browns colors, but I’ve decided to choose the Smoky Eye palette and try a different makeup style this autumn. This palette contains lots of vibrant colors and especially a beautiful dark green and blue. I admit that it has been years since I’ve used green and blue shades but as I said I want to make a change in my makeup style and also I was interested on the smoky eye color combination between green and blue.
I wish that I could have (at least one time) a perfect makeup like our celebrities. Do I have a chance?
This question was in my mind for a long time. I watched TV commercials, read magazines, see movies and I wanted to have that perfect doll face, without crazy pimples ( they appear when I least expected and from nowhere), red spots or any other unexpected surprises on my face, when I woke up in the morning. Finally, after I did a little research I found at my favorite beauty brand Lancome the product that was going to “give me a new face”.
Like I told you ladies before, I don’t use foundation everyday and I try to keep on my face as less makeup as possible, but this doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t have a perfect makeup in those few days when I need to look perfect. Occasions like weddings, gathering with old friends, jobs interviews or some fancy dinners, all these ask for a perfect makeup. My help was inspired by make-up artists techniques who revealed their secrets for a perfect complexion!
The secret of a perfect complexion makeup lies in preparing the skin before applying any other makeup product. Here you can count on Lancome La Base Pro, a translucent make-up base. You must use it after you cleaned your skin and before applying your foundation. It was enough to apply only a thin layer to feel my skin incredibly soft and non greasy. Pores are enlarged, fine lines fade, signs of tiredness are diminished and all other skin imperfections are visibly reduced. This translucent make-up base with smoothing effect will boost make-up wear. Continue Reading
I have recently discover the new way to glow. I went shopping the other day and after buying something totally funny (I hope to make a post about it soon) I took a peak into the Sensuous Gold Fall Color 2009 collection from Estee Lauder . I’ve discover the Gilded Rose Marbleized Shimmer Powder which is kind of in the expensive side for me ( 36$ ) but I still decided to buy it.
I simply could not resist not buying it, since I first saw it’s chic colored case. It’s a light peachy-pink case, and you know how I love pink, and with the Estee Lauder symbol on it becomes very chic and feminine. When you open the case you’ll find the applicator along with the powder which is a rainbow of light peachy, pink, bronze and gold shimmery colors. All these colors combined together create luminous bronze- golddess glow but in the same time will give you a natural look.
I have been using this moisturizer for a long time so I decided to make this review because I’m interested to see other opinions of women who have also used this moisturizer. I bought Clinique Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturizer about 1 year and half ago when I decided to try something else beside Clinique Superdefense. I wanted a moisturizer that won’t leave my skin greasy because after using Superdefense for more then a year I’ve noticed that it does not sinks into the skin quickly like before. Also I thought that is about time to start preparing myself to fight the first aging signs. We must start preventing the apparition of aging signs, since adolescence by using light moisturizers and having a cleaning routine. Being a little over 25 years at that time I didn’t want to use an anti wrinkle cream because I didn’t have any visible wrinkles on my face, except the expression ones which are normal at every age, and I just keep searching for something more like in the beginner area of fighting wrinkles. I bought Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturizer ( 42$) which is available in three versions: very Dry to Dry, Dry Combination and Combination Oily to Oily, which is the one I have. Continue Reading
Lancome’s Mascaras have the best mascara formula I’ve ever used. Along the years I’ve tried lots of Mascaras Brands, from Max Factor and L’Oreal to Maybelline and Rimmel. Some of them were great at first, like Max Factor Masterpiece ( It was love at first sight with this baby ), but after a while – and I’m not talking months – the effect was not the same and it really ended very fast. Some of my friends were using it too and we all realized that after 3 weeks we need a new one. I like the texture of a new mascara, and I know is natural that after a few weeks of using will not have the same effect like in the beginning, but with Masterpiece all was happening very fast. Every 3 weeks I had to buy a new one, so I start searching for a new brand of mascara in the same price range.
Soon after this I took a trip by plane and I had the chance to scoop into the tax free shops. Here I found LancomeHypnose and Definicils wrapped together at a very good price. I knew Hypnose was launched in 2004 and quickly became the best world selling mascara, so tempted by the 2 in 1 price offer and reviews I’ve decided to give it a try. Continue Reading
In this hot summer day I just remembered about Christmas. I could trade almost anything now for a couple of hours in the Christmas Day. I have to admit that in the last few days temperatures reached +40 degrees Celsius and as much as I love sun, tanned skin, summer clothes and spirit of seaside vacations, I’m not a fan of these high temperatures. But this is not the only reason why I want to turn back time. The main reason is the gift received on Christmas Day (La Prairie – anti-aging eye cream a cellular intervention complex SPF 15) which I just finished few days ago.
I received many great gifts among the years but this one is by far the most appreciated and useful one. It came like a rescue for my eye’s skin area, because I was searching to replace my Clinique all about eyes soin total regard et contour which I was using for almost a year. I was dreaming about La Prairie since autumn, after hearing and reading all the great results that other women experienced, but I never think of it as a Christmas present to me. I have to admit that its price is kind of expensive, around 100 Eur on EBay and even more in beauty shops, but trust me its completely justified.